Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Home Is Where The ______ Is

So at floor hockey tonight I had my first loss. In quite a disappointing night I registered no points - NOT EVEN AN ASSIST, and felt like a peg leg on the gnarly pirate crew that is our floor hockey team. Oh well.....more motivation to run harder this week.
So I had talks with my family about coming home for christmas and it was all going well until my sister wrapped the car around a tree after having slid through an ice patch. When I first heard about it I was so worried - heres a girl I would literally give my life for and she may have just lost hers, but it ended up that she walked away from it and is ok. But somehow in all the stress and confusion, my christmas invitation was revoked (and then reinstated, but its all very confusing and I dont quite understand it) and my hopes of being home for christmas were crushed. Through a couple of ensuing emails/phone calls with my parents, a lot of hurtful things were said and it all cumulated with me just having to say "I'm done. Cant do this anymore". Now this has been a very hard thing for me to do....I mean theyre my parents, but honestly, the sadness and pain that they caused me EVERY time we talked just wasn't worth it. I couldn't take it anymore.
So I've been really thinking about where to go from here. A family is kind of like the Robin to your Batman, you don't realize you need them until some goon gets both your arms behind your back and you need someone who will kick him in the jewels. This is the conclusion I've reached: my brothers and sister will always be there. We have looked out for eachother since we were little and that will never stop. My third brother, best friend, and best man Mr. Glendon will be there the day I die - or more likely I'll be there for him when he overdoses on BBQ pork buns and ends up in the hospital. And to round out my family, I have friends I know won't ever fail me: Faith, Sam, Brit West. You guys have listened to all my complaining and sent me encouraging notes on my wall through the move. And last but not least my wifey - ms Raisa Ruiz. (p.s. not actually my wifey yet) but this girl gets to hear all this stuff in person, so I'm gonna leave it at I love her and shes amazing.
Thanks guys, Love you all and hope you know I think of you often. (even if your not family - you are still important. Im talking bout you Furgy Furg)

No comments:

Post a Comment